en English

Travel Vaccinations

If you require any vaccinations relating to foreign travel you will require to make an appointment with one of the Private Travel Clinics listed below:

Private Travel Clinics

If the Private Travel Clinic advises one of the following vaccinations:  Tetanus/Polio/Typhoid/Hepatitis A & Diphtheria – please ask them for documentation advising this. 


Masta offer travel health consultations, vaccinations (including yellow fever at MASTA nurse lead clinics and selected community pharmacies), antimalarials and travel related retail items. MASTA (Medical Advisory Service for Travellers Abroad), was established over 30 years ago and we now operate one of the largest network of private travel clinics in the UK.

Boots the Chemist, Reform Street, Dundee. 01382 229711
Davidsons Chemist, Panmurefield Village, Lawers Drive, Dundee. 01382 732300
Davidsons Chemist, 117 Coupar Angus Road, Muirhead, Dundee. 01382 580495
Superdrug, Wellgate Centre, Dundee.01382 322083
Perth Travel Clinic, King James Business Centre, Perth.
(Perth Travel Clinic will provide travel advice for babies and young children)
07967 622 186


Please note only the undernoted vaccines are available on NHS Prescriptions:-

  • Hepatitis A
  • Typhoid
  • Diphtheria
  • Tetanus
  • Polio

Please present this to the surgery where an NHS prescription will be produced within two working days and you can then make an appointment with the Practice Nurse to have this administered.

Healthy Travel Leaflet

You may find the following leaflet helpful when making your travel arrangements.

Please download and print our useful guide below about Mosquito advice.

Hepatitis immunisation

Immunisation against infectious Hepatitis (Hepatitis A) is available free of charge on the NHS in connection with travel abroad. However Hepatitis B is not routinely available free of charge and therefore you may be charged for this vaccination when requested in connection with travel abroad.

Excess quantities of regular repeat prescriptions

Under NHS legislation, the NHS ceases to have responsibility for people when they leave the United Kingdom. However, to ensure good patient care the following guidance is offered. People travelling to Europe should be advised to apply for a Global Health Insurance Card.

Medication required for a pre-existing condition should be provided in sufficient quantity to cover the journey and to allow the patient to obtain medical attention abroad. If the patient is returning within the timescale of their usual prescription, then this should be issued (the maximum duration of a prescription is recommended by the Care Trust to be two months, although it is recognised that prescription quantities are sometimes greater than this). Patients are entitled to carry prescribed medicines, even if originally classed as controlled drugs, for example, morphine sulphate tablets.

For longer visits abroad, the patient should be advised to register with a local doctor for continuing medication (this may need to be paid for by the patient).

General practitioners are not responsible for prescriptions of items required for conditions which may arise while travelling, for example travel sickness or diarrhoea. Patients should be advised to purchase these items from community pharmacies prior to travel.

Useful Links